florandorder handy tips
- Whether you’re a leader of 30, two or no one but yourself, Paul’s tips are beneficial because it puts you squarely in the driver’s seat.
- As Paul says “don’t let the emails control you”. Putting boundaries around when you will interact with emails assists with breaking down their power over you and returning them back to tool status.
- If you don’t already set your top 3 priorities for the day, try doing it tomorrow! Anything you accomplish over those 3 items are bonuses!
Paul Saunders helps leaders become great and not, um… *trumpy*.
What is your best email management tip?
Control your email time – don’t let the emails control you.
Only deep dive into emails two times a day. Allocate 30-minute blocks in your schedule (mine are morning and mid-afternoon) and in between only scan three times to check for urgency. Switch off pop ups.
- Yearly planning session with your team and set yourself one big challenge each year. Also, set quarterly reviews to review and celebrate.
- Monthly one on one meeting with team members- check in, review and plan session. I conduct stand-up weekly goal meetings.
- Early morning task-goal setting and end of day review session
- Get up early, exercise and plan out your day. Set three urgent important tasks for the day. At the end of the day I spend 20 minutes reviewing the day: tick tick! and when needed I clear my mind of issues before I go home.
- Software – Google tools, Microsoft teams
What three things can leaders do to stay on top?
- A vision of the future, personal goals and team goals
- Understand what drives yourself and your team to stay focused and motivated.
- Keep learning and know how to change and lead change, in your business to stay relevant and customer market-driven!
The other day I was listening to the episode on Paul’s podcast show, Leadership on the Run, about the DiSC framework. His insight and abilitiy to articulate the different behaviours, as well as the responses you can use to communicate with a wide variety of people, was so valuable! Check it out!
Contact Paul to receive your first consulting session for free.