I recently was a guest on the Life Admin Life Hacks podcast
A podcast that gives listeners back time, money, peace of mind and household harmony. In this episode, we talked about many aspects of time management. The highlights of our chat included:
- the way we live our lives is changing and we are changing time as we work more flexibly and remotely
- time management is not a one-size-fits-all solution and your approach needs to adapt over time-based on the chapter of your life
- time management is actually about accommodating your energy and attention, recognising that you have different energy levels on different days and at different times of the day
- everyone has a unique relationship with and perception of time
- observing yourself when you are procrastinating or distracted to break down your habits and create new habits
- undertaking a time audit for two weeks: using a reminder on your phone or using a digital time tracker to help you diagnose your time management challenges
- how setting goals helps you manage your time with intention
- how our values can guide what we focus on and are the basis of our goals
- the difference between productivity (getting the right things done) and efficiency( getting things done with the least amount of effort)
- getting out of the “busyness” competition
- thinking of your calendar as your best friend and having a shared family calendar to manage family logistics
- to-do lists are a capture tool and if tasks will take longer than 10 minutes they should be included in your calendar
- scheduling an Hour of Power in your calendar for chunky life admin tasks
- scheduling planning time to review your calendar.
You can listen to the episode here.
Let me know what your favourite part was in the comments below!