Christie helped me face my fear of my overflowing garage. We had a chat over a coffee
which relaxed me and helped me realise why I was avoiding the task. Together we sorted and cleared my garage and I actually didn’t want to stop!
Christie helped me on my project to organise my wardrobe. By categorising and sorting my clothes by colour and season I was able to make use of my wardrobe space. I went from thinking that I needed more space to realising that I had just enough. Getting ready is much easier now and I find that the system Christie helped me put in place has made putting items back in place no longer difficult.
Christie single-handedly changed my life! With her resourcefulness and can-do attitude I was amazed with how we were able to make things suit my needs and to work for me. I feel much more confident to change things to work for me after having worked with her.
I wanted to remember more of what I’ve done and experienced over the past months and Christie introduced to me to the idea of using a calendar as a collection point for mementos. I adopted it immediately and it has definitely improved my memory. I recall places I’ve eaten at and the yummy food I ate there now, the movies I’ve seen and loved, and the races I’ve had so much fun participating in. This is working for me and I look forward to adding stuff to my calendar – even my partner reminds me to grab something to put on my calendar!
See my post on mementos here.
I loved working with Christie to declutter my wardrobe. She guided me with sensitivity and patience, allowing me to reach decisions on my own. We talked through reasons why I wanted to hold on to certain pieces and she encouraged me through awareness and learning to let certain pieces go when I was hesitating too much. Christie helped me create fun outfits with items I love but wasn’t sure what to do with. By the end of our time together I was able to reduce my wardrobe by about half!
Using storage devices I already had, Christie also re-arranged my workout clothes on to one shelf. They were no longer scattered in various places around my wardrobe, but were arranged neatly and easy to access.
After my session, simply walking into my wardrobe has been a joy! I could clearly see what items I own, and I feel a rejuvenated sense of excitement for my clothes as each piece is something that I love. I continue to feel joy and excitement each time I get dressed as I know that every item is getting the wear it deserves, and is a true reflection of who I am.
I thought [the work in the garage] was going to be good but I’m actually flabbergastered. This is amazing!
When I started coaching sessions with Christie at the beginning of the year, my goal was to ‘manage my personal admin more efficiently’. At the end of six coaching sessions, I have achieved much more than that. So far I can summarise my experience as delivering six key benefits (although there are probably more).
1. I have a greater tendency to plan/think ahead and a willingness to tackle more difficult tasks that I would have neglected previously (particularly during Winter).
2. I have more momentum, direction and energy to be organised and find new areas of my life I can simplify and systematise.
3. I am able to save money by being more prepared (in more ways than I could have anticipated).
4. I am able to eat better by being more organised, which translates into more energy – this outcome was also unexpected.
5. My house is easy to keep tidy because everything has a place and I am a lot more disciplined in keeping it that way.
6. When my life admin is streamlined and part of a routine, I am more efficient and have more time. As a consequence I’m more relaxed and able to dedicate more time to the most important things/people in my life.
I would recommend Christie’s coaching sessions to anyone who feels weighed down by their ‘to-do’ list, wants their house to look like a vogue magazine, or just requires some simple tips to balance their priorities more effectively.