florandorder handy tips
- Everyone has a different relationship with time. It impacts how they respond to tasks, appointments and even procrastinating. The hot tip I can give you is to try different methods, platforms, systems, to find the right organising tool for you.
- Calendars are great for planning but also for reflecting. I find that my calendar is now like a diary. It takes up less space and I can truly capture how I felt that day in just a few words.
- SEO is something that (I find) is a bit daunting. I know I’ve had to get help with it. And asking for help is being productive. Why waste time trying to figure something out and do it not so well, when you can ask for guidance and advice from an expert? You’re still going to learn as you’re gaining the knowledge of someone who has tried 500 different ways before.
Yos William can increase your site’s web traffic.
Search Engine Optimisation, better known as SEO, is something that anyone with a website must have some basic understanding of. SEO is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or a web page to users of a web search engine, like Google.
Yos William is an SEO Specialist based in Melbourne. SEO refers to the improvement of unpaid results, and excludes the purchase of paid placement. Through his company Infinite Ace, he helps businesses grow online. A skill that stems from cracking Google’s latest algorithm.
What tools do you use to stay organised?
There are two pieces of software that I use to make sure I stay organised with my daily tasks and client work.
- The first one is Microsoft Excel, which I believe most PC users have on their computers. Each column represents the day and each row shows the task I need to do. I colour-code the top 3 important tasks with red so they stand out. In the morning, I re-arrange the tasks so I know which ones I need to finish first. As the task is ticked off, I will then colour code it green.
- The second software is a project management tool called Plutio. This tool helps me with client organisation. Each client is set up under a project and each project will have multiple task boards. These represent the weeks of the month. Under each task board, there will be tasks that need to be done for each client. This tool helps me to see what tasks need to be done for a client every week and let’s each team member know where everyone is at.
How do you organise yourself as an SEO specialist?
The two tools above help me a lot with organisation. I also use Google Calendar which I always have open in my browser and phone so I won’t miss any meetings, reports, and any other tasks.
Running my own business, there are administrative tasks I need to do outside of the actual job, so setting up a reminder in my calendar keeps me organised and helps me stay on top of things.
What three things could someone do so they stay on top of SEO?
- Always take time every day, or every few days, to check SEO and Digital Marketing news online. SEO is ever changing and there are always new things introduced either by search engines, software companies, or digital agencies. It’s good to learn new things all the time which can help your SEO agency to adapt to changes.
- Always do your own research and testing all the time. Top SEO specialists always do their own testing. Each SEO method may work for only a handful of scenarios. By doing your own testing, you can understand what works and what doesn’t for different client circumstances.
- Create a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) so when you bring in a new team member, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Everything is already documented and you can bring the team member up to speed. This will help you a lot in ensuring your SEO work is standardized.
There you have it! Straight from the Search Engine’s Mouth. Any questions, please get in contact with Yos at Infinite Ace or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org